Wednesday, November 19, 2008

He's on the move!

At 6 months 16 days Tristan officially started crawling. He's been army crawling and lurching (getting on all 4's and throwing himself forward) for weeks but hand-knee-hand-knee crawling has been beyond his coordination capacity. Yesterday he mastered it. For now he can only do it on the living room carpet as tile+footed cotton outfits=too slippery for crawling (for now). He is quite proud of himself :-)
Two teeth, crawling, solid food...where does the time go?

4 comments:

Karen said...

Wow! That's great. Congrats to the man on the move. When did you start him on solids? I'm questioning myself on when to start Cole because of all of Erin's food allergies - I don't want to make him more prone to them.

MentalMom said...

I've started giving him solids over the last couple weeks. He's had oatmeal, applesauce and sweet potatoes, each a couple times. I'm not all gung-ho about it. I'll probably let him gnaw on a banana soon. Maybe some avocado. We don't have any food allergies so I have the luxury of being pretty laissez-faire about the whole thing.
I'm sure Cole is outweighing T. now. Mr T. gained no weight between 4 and 6 months so is still 15 lbs. He grew 2 inches though.

Karen said...

Cole actually slowed down a lot on weight - he's hanging at about 17 or 17.5 lbs - it took him about a month or 5 weeks to gain that lb. I'm assuming he's getting enough because he's growing lengthwise, is alert, has the requisite amount of diapers, etc. A big change from a gain of a pound a week! I'm hoping to continue nursing even when I go back to work in 2 weeks - a new challenge for me!

Annelisa. said...

hello there, i just came across your blog via Therese at 'Aussie Coffee Shop'
Just a thought - if you want to get some grip on the floor try cutting the end off 2 stubbie holders and pull them up over his knees. he'll get better traction and you might get a little more wear out of his pants too!