Wednesday, January 7, 2009

SHE POOPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!



How cliche is it for a mom to be so excited about poop?!

Lucy has only rececntly been showing interest in using the potty. She asks to get on occasionally. I put her on, she does nothing and gets off. I figured it would go this way until next summer. She just took her diaper off, put her little seat on the big seat, got on, POOPED and told me. I couldn't believe it! There was really poop in there!

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could pontificate on how I don't want to damage my child's burgeoning self esteem or how I think they should have control over their own bodies or some other psychobabble as reason why I don't potty train at 20 months, 2 or 2 1/2. The truth is I hate potty training. I really, really hate potty training. I wait until they are super ready and want to do it and can do it easily which is usually around 3 or so.

1 comment:

Karen said...

MOST of my girls have waited til at least 3 yrs old to potty train and I am just like you.. wait til they're ready.