Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lent begins early

I have developed an intolerance to chocolate. Those who know me, and my sweet tooth, are probably thinking...."How will she survive!!!???"

In all seriousness, I'm going to have to avoid chocolate for the time being. I've occasionally suffered a headache when I eat/overindulge in chocolate over the last few months. Well, yesterday I had a chocolate chip muffin. Not a large one, and not a lot of chocolate but ended up with the type of 'reaction' headache I get but it was absolutely nightmarish. I was vomiting, had trouble seeing, my legs were like rubber, I was afraid I was going to pass out. Eating a little chocolate is NOT worth what I went through yesterday. We had to reschedule yet another dentist appt because I was in no shape to drive. Crazy.
It will be good for me to give up chocolate but it won't be easy, enjoying chocolate is in my genes. :(

5 comments:

Kalona said...

K, that sounds scary! Are you sure it's the chocolate? Sending up prayers.

JoAnnC. said...

Just Lent? Ummm...no, I think you are serving your Purgatory here on earth!
Sorry!

Veronica said...

Hi Karen,
I've found your blog through Creamer Chronicles and wanted to say hello, I'm also a Catholic mom of 8 (4 boys, 4 girls, ages 15 to 1) and we live in the Austin area.
Sorry to hear about the chocolate, that would be really hard.

Nine (+) Texans and friends... said...

Nice to meet you Veronica!
What a coincidence how similar our family makeup is. What birth order do you have?
I've got girl, boy, boy, girl, girl, boy, girl, boy.

Veronica said...

We have boy-15, girl-14, boy-almost11, girl-9, girl-7, boy-5, girl-3, boy-19m! I love having such a beautiful mix! :)
We used to have the children in Catholic school until it became unaffordable. We tried homeschooling for a while but it didn't work out, so we have them in public school now. Maybe I can learn something from you :)