Wednesday, April 1, 2009

An award!!




Carol gave this nifty award to me and had this to say:

Nine (+) Texans is a pal of mine who warrants your attention because she has 8 KIDS! So yeah, it is fun to check in on her now and then and monitor her sanity level - which fluctuates daily. She is also my BCF (Best Conservative Friend). She has a Sarah Palin sticker and EVERYTHING. Crazy, I know. But we are die-hard friends.


Bless her heart!! Carol was the first person in TX to reach out and be my friend and we've been buds ever since. She is my BLF (best liberal friend) :D We have some significant differences of opinion but are able to see the forest for the trees and base our friendship on our commonalities. Besides, she has so many religious friends....I wonder if "the universe" is trying to tell her something :D

I'd like to pass this award on to:

Joann is a great mom of 4 busy boys. Homeschooling, working as an L&D nurse, supporting her husband in his photography business and homemaker extraordinaire. I just love reading about her crafty decorating, sewing and cooking projects. She has really inspired me to teach myself how to sew.

Karen has been my friend for over twenty-five years. 25!!! She doesn't update her blog very much but she gets the sisterhood award because...well, how couldn't I give it to my BFF of 25 years??!!


The other Katie who happens to be MY Katie. She is a wonderful young lady and every day I feel more blessed to be her mom.

Liesl is the wife of a high school friend's older brother. Catch that?! I love reading Liesl's blog as it takes me back to the days when I had two little ones. She has 5 year old Liam and 2 year old Kieran. She also lives back in my old stomping grounds and I wax nostalgic reading of NJ.

and finally

Margaret is a Catholic homeschooling mom in Minnesota. I love, love her blog. She is extremely honest and writes about the difficult things, the not-so-wonderful things that so many of us can relate to but will not admit to, especially in a public forum. I thank her for that. She has a beautiful faith and lives it. I want to be her when I grow up.

4 comments:

Margaret in Minnesota said...

You are very sweet and I thank you.

PS. There's still time to be me when you grow up.

PPS. Are you sure you want to? ;)

The Other Katie said...

I thought it was just for the mommy bloggers. Well, you have officially transferred it to the Catholic girl bloggers, because as soon as I pass this on to Katie it'll be allllll over the place.
oh yeah, and thanks. :-D

JoAnnC. said...

Thanks so much for thinking of me! It's really so nice!!!

Liesl said...

You are such a sweetie, Karen! Thank you so much for making my day. I have several wonderful people in mind to pass this prize to. We're leaving for SA tomorrow and I'm not sure how much blogging I'll get done, but I will at least take care of these awards soon after our return home. Thank you!