Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Olympics

We are watching the Olympics. I have always been an Olympics junkie and I haven't changed and have drug my children along with me. This Olympics is different though. There is a constant undercurrent of sadness and sometimes anger. Ten years ago when it was announced that Beijing won the 2008 summer Olympics I was angry, disturbed and unhappy. What has panned out was exactly what I feared. Add to the laundry list of offenses the Chinese gov't has perpetrated upon their own and other people undo burden, suffering and cruelty in the name of national pride and these Olympics.
Millions homeless either permanently or temporarily, thousands unemployed for the duration and one little girl told she isn't good enough. One lovely little girl with the voice of an angel put where no one can see her.


Lip syncing at Opening Ceremonies

No comments: