Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Vacation pics and more

Wish he listened to me like this.
View of the USS Lexington from the aquarium.
The road to the beach from the condo. You are allowed to drive on the beach. We learned, however, that our van really is not equipped to drive on the beach. We didn't realize the directions to the condo took us on the beach and before we knew it we were on it and not long after that we were stuck. Thankfully, Jack, Ian and I were able to push the van to safety while Chris drove. (Note: my husband isn't a jerk who makes his wife get out and push. He is a better driver than I am and I preferred to not be responsible for driving out of the mess)
Emma and Ben in the brig on the USS Lexington
Emma ready to pet a stingray.
Katie and Ian on a gun at the Lex. The yellow sign?
View from our condo.


Sad that this is a bloggable picture. Gas is under $3 at one station in SA now.
Grace talking up the lady giving the lecture on alligators.
Emma talking up the same lady lecturing about sting rays.




5 comments:

Kalona said...

Wonderful pictures! Looks like a fun time. :o)

Karen said...

My step-dad would be thrilled to see that last picture of Tristan! Glad your vacation was enjoyable.

JoAnnC. said...

Looks like loads of fun! I like the pic of the kids in the brig...ah, good times!;-)

MamaEscandon said...

Looks like Padre Island...I miss beaches like that so much. I wish I had taken advantage when I lived there and went more often. Our beaches aren't nearly that awesome.

The Real Katie said...

I BOUGHT THAT OUTFIT FOR TRISTAN!!!! Glad he's getting use out of it :)

Sarah, on the other hand, is not. :)